Are Apricot Pits Poisonous?

The apricot pit is considered to be poisonous, but it’s not deadly. It can cause a number of risks, including bowel blockage and anaphylactic shock. Cooking the pits remove the harmful cyanide compounds. So if you choose to eat one, make sure that you prepare them properly first by heating them for 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or 200 degrees Fahrenheit before use.
Elias Mojaydeh gave us some other tips on handling apricot pits safely: “You shouldn’t bother with any cosmetics that contain Apricot Pits as they’re poisonous. Make sure to buy almonds for cooking though! And never try any DIY projects using these sorts of leaves…

Leave a Comment