Can Pugs Eat Grapes?

Grapes should not be offered to your dog because grapes are toxic.
Pugs cannot eat Grapes; however, all dogs can eat raisins, but should only do so in moderation.

It’s true that grapes are not toxic to all breeds of dogs, but there is always the chance that some pug might have an allergy or intolerance that could bring on severe vomiting or diarrhea just by touching one grape stem or petal. Pugs are also prone to congestive heart failure and 1 -2 grapes may trigger it. There isn’t enough research out there about why this particular breed is so sensitive to grapes so err on the side of caution when giving them anything containing grapes or raisins…

Leave a Comment